How might the environment affect your
health? We are working to help understand. As part of the
National Environmental Public Health Tracking (EPHT)
Network, an initiative lead by the Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention (CDC), New Mexico offers this site
as a source for environment information integrated with
health information in efforts to track and understand how
the environment might affect the health of New
- On this site you can:
- Learn how to protect yourself from environmental
- Learn which health effects might be associated with
- See how these exposures affect your community.
- See which health effects are occurring in the
- Access state data and create maps, charts, and
tables on the public portal.
- Access the secure portal, which allows approved
users to access unsuppressed county- and
- Get alerts and information about the latest
environmental conditions that acutely impact
Private Well Testing
Drinking water quality is an important health factor. That's why it is a good habit to have your water from a private well tested regularly. Check out the 2016 schedule for free private well testing for New Mexicans households.
New autumn dates and locations added!
Are you suffering through fall seasonal allergies? Many shrubs, weeds and wild flowers are pollinating. Get tips for relief on our seasonal allergy page.
NM EPHT is getting a new a look. We debut our enhanced website in late Autumn 2016.