The Smoothie Diet, also known as the 21-Day Smoothie Diet, has been gaining popularity recently as a quick weight loss solution. As someone looking to lose a little weight, the idea of drinking smoothies instead of forcing down boring salads definitely got my attention. Who wouldn’t want to drink delicious smoothies instead of choking down plain old salads? It almost seems too good to be true!
That’s why I wanted to dig deeper and find out if this diet really lives up to the hype. I did a ton of research and read through countless Smoothie Diet reviews to collect the details. I have outlined for you what exactly The Smoothie Diet is, how it works, the pros and cons, and what real customers are saying about their experiences with it. Here’s what I found out:
What Is The Smoothie Diet?
The Smoothie Diet is a 21-day digital weight loss program created by Drew Sgoutas, who is a certified health coach. It focuses on meal replacement smoothies to help you lose weight fast while getting nutrients and antioxidants.
The deal is you take two smoothies a day for breakfast and lunch while eating one healthy, low-calorie meal at dinner. The smoothie recipes use fruit, veggies, and healthy proteins like Greek yogurt.
According to the creator, followers can expect rapid weight loss, improved energy, better sleep, and glowing skin in just 21 days.
How Does The Smoothie Diet Work?
The Smoothie Diet starts with a 3-day “detox” cleanse to remove all the bad stuff from your system. This means only drinking detox smoothies made with approved ingredients.
After the cleanse, the 21-day diet plan kicks in. You drink two of the meal replacement smoothies each day while eating a light dinner. The smoothies are formulated to keep calories at around 1200 per day for fast weight loss.
There’s also one “cheat day” allowed per week when you can eat whatever cravings you want.
Pros And Cons Of The Smoothie Diet
The following are the main pros of The Smoothie Diet:
Some potential downsides to consider:
Benefits Of The Smoothie Diet
The potential benefits of The Smoothie Diet include the following:
1. Weight Loss – The Smoothie Diet promotes weight loss through calorie reduction and meal replacement smoothies. Following The Smoothie Diet can lead to notable weight loss for most users within 3 weeks.
2. Improved Health – The Smoothie Diet provides beneficial micronutrients, protein, and antioxidants to support overall health. Users of The Smoothie Diet often report feeling healthier while following the program.
3. Skin and Hair Health – The minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants in The Smoothie Diet’s smoothies can support healthy skin and hair. Smoothies in The Smoothie Diet provide nutrients that benefit skin and hair.
4. Increased Energy – The nutrients included in The Smoothie Diet’s smoothie recipes may help increase energy levels. Many users of The Smoothie Diet report feeling more energetic from the program.
5. Limited Processed Foods – The Smoothie Diet focuses on whole foods in smoothies rather than processed food items. Following The Smoothie Diet reduces intake of processed foods.
6. Nutrition Guidance – The Smoothie Diet program provides comprehensive nutrition and health details. Users get evidence-based nutrition guidance with The Smoothie Diet.
7. Significant Weight Loss in 3 weeks – Most users of The Smoothie Diet lose a notable amount of weight in just 21 days. The Smoothie Diet is formulated for significant short-term weight loss.
8. Curb Cravings – The filling smoothies provided in The Smoothie Diet can help curb food cravings. The Smoothie Diet smoothies provide satiety to control cravings.
The Smoothie Diet Recipes – Foods To Eat and Avoid
The Smoothie Diet includes recipes for nutritious smoothies made with fruits, vegetables, protein powders, and healthy fats. The recipes allow you to customize smoothies with your favorite fruits and create a variety of flavors and consistencies. The Smoothie Diet encourages filling up whole, natural foods while limiting processed food items, sugar, and unhealthy fats.
Foods that are emphasized on the Smoothie Diet meal plan include fruits like apples, bananas, berries and citrus fruits, which can be incorporated into smoothie recipes or eaten whole. Vegetables like spinach, kale, carrots and peppers are also recommended for their nutritional benefits. Lean proteins like eggs, chicken, fish and Greek yogurt provide satiety. Whole grains like oats, brown rice and quinoa can be eaten moderately for fiber and nutrients. Healthy fats are also encouraged in the diet, from sources like nuts, seeds, nut butter and avocado.
On the other hand, processed meats, refined grains, fried foods, sugary drinks, packaged snacks and desserts are discouraged from the Smoothie Diet. By avoiding these foods that tend to be high in unhealthy fats, salt, and sugar and low in nutrients, the smoothie diet helps promote a calorie deficit while providing nutrition for health. The focus is on whole, minimally processed foods over refined and processed items.
How To Use The 21-Day Smoothie Diet Program?
The basic steps for using The Smoothie Diet program include:
- Start The Smoothie Diet program by completing the 3-day detox before starting the smoothie diet. This cleanse prepares the body.
- Replace 2 meals per day with The Smoothie Diet smoothie recipes. Have one for breakfast and one for lunch.
- Eat a low-calorie dinner in addition to the smoothies. Follow the nutrition guidelines for dinner choices.
- Customize The Smoothie Diet plan as needed, such as swapping one smoothie for a meal instead of two.
- Follow The Smoothie Diet for 21 days, then transition back to healthy eating with smoothies as supplements.
- Consult a doctor before starting The Smoothie Diet, especially if you have a medical condition like diabetes.
- Use the resources like shopping lists, recipes, and tips from The Smoothie Diet program. For best results, follow the meal plan and smoothie recipes from The Smoothie Diet program.
Verified Reviews From The Smoothie Diet Customers
When I checked out Smoothie Diet reviews, people reported losing anywhere from 5 to 15 pounds in the 3-week program. Most said the rapid results were extremely motivating.
Most people said Smoothie Diet smoothies were tasty and satisfying. The consensus was that it provided weight loss results, but it was very difficult to sustain long term. Overall, the Smoothie Diet seems legit for a short term reset but not a forever lifestyle. The following are some positive reviews from real users:
Danielle Shed 8 Pounds in Just 1 Week!
“I was amazed at how quickly I lost weight on the Smoothie Diet – 8 pounds gone after just 1 week! I feel healthier and more confident now. My clothes are fitting better without having to suck in my stomach. I still do double takes when I see myself in the mirror.”
Sarah Lost 3 Pounds in 3 Days on the Diet!
“I’ve never had weight come off this fast. I love the Smoothie Diet – it’s an incredible lifestyle change! I have so much energy now, and my skin is glowing. It’s the perfect ‘mommy makeover’ I wanted. I’m never hungry, and I know I’m losing weight healthfully. My husband is even asking me to make him smoothies now!”
Jade Dropped 12 Pounds in 21 Days!
“I’ve been trying forever to lose those last 10-15 pounds and get toned – and that’s exactly what happened with the Smoothie Diet. I feel great and confident about my body now. I couldn’t be happier with this program and definitely recommend it for weight loss.”
How To Buy The Smoothie Diet
The Smoothie Diet is only available for purchase directly through its official website. The cost is currently $47 for full access to the digital program. Customers can pay online using a credit card or PayPal.
The company provides a 60-day money-back guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with The Smoothie Diet for any reason, you can contact The Smoothie Diet customer service via email to request a full refund of the purchase price within 60 days of buying the program.
The Bottom Line
The Smoothie Diet provides meal replacement smoothie recipes, ingredients, and meal plans designed to help promote rapid weight loss, better health, and more energy. It replaces regular meals with smoothies for a 21-day period while limiting calories.
For some people, swapping meals for lower-calorie smoothies may be helpful for kickstarting short-term weight loss. However, severely cutting calories and food groups can be risky over time. Talking to your doctor first is recommended if you are considering major diet changes.
The Smoothie Diet could be used as part of an overall balanced diet to support weight goals.
However, relying completely on meal replacement smoothies may be tough to keep doing long-term. The 21-day Smoothie Diet plan might lead to quick results initially, but transitioning back to normal, sustainable eating habits is encouraged, using smoothies occasionally.
The Smoothie Diet is fairly affordable as far as digital diet programs go. It also comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee, so it may be worth trying for fast, short-term weight loss. But for lifelong health, the focus should stay on balanced nutrition from a variety of whole foods.